top corner

About Club

"Legacy of The Patliputra"
 
Bankipore Club was established in the year 1865 on the bank of River Ganges at Patna, Bihar and its Founder Secretary was  J.P.W.Johnstion.Jaipur Club
 
Originally known as "European Club" and used exclusively by Europeans, the club was renamed "Bankipore Club" as Bankipore denoted the civil station of Patna District.Jaipur Club
 
The Bankipore Club, one of the oldest clubs in the eastern India and one of the few remaining legacies of the British Raj, has had its moments of glory.Legendary cricketer W G Grace used to love this place located on the banks of the Ganga. Mountaineer Sir Edmund Hillary preferred to stay here when he undertook a rowing expedition across the Ganges. .
 
The club, affiliated to over 100 clubs across the country, has 500 permanent members, an equal number of service members and an unspecified number of casual members. .

botton-corner